Monday, September 22, 2008

All Writers are Crazy

All writers are crazy...YEAH THEY ARE! Anyone who can or will sit down and write a book has to be insane. Sometimes when I'm reading a book I wonder how someone can come up with such a brilliant story with all the little details that make it seem like a movie is playing right before me. John Grisham, one of my favorite authors, does a terrific job at this. I have never been disappointed after reading one of his books. I feel connected to the characters and almost as if the story were true. That's another aspect of John Grisham that I have grown to appreciate; his stories seem so true and real which makes it easy to become attached to the book and the characters...then when the book ends...I feel like I want to know more. But back to my main point, writers are crazy. Take the Harry Potter series for example...GREAT but what person in their RIGHT MIND could think of all that stuff. It's just too much for me to comprehend.

1 comment:

Ms. Brown said...

Yes, that's another good one: writers are crazy. I don't necessarily agree, but then of course we have to define what it means to be "crazy" and what it means to be a "writer." I can't imagine sitting around all day doing accounting!